One of the key elements of a successful gambling session is a sense of security.
You have to feel confident with the casino’s interface and security features to be able to place real money bets without holding back. Then, and only then, you will be able to download poker apps or play online poker to your heart’s content.
In recent months, it became clear that credit card scammers found a new way to target casino players, which was quite unexpected.
Usually, those types of frauds happen on websites only, as it is easier for the culprits to inject malicious code onto such a platform. However, as it turns out, those particular scammers managed to compromise a mobile software as well, diverting the users to a compromised webpage every time they logged on to their accounts.
So whenever users used the software or visited the company’s subdomain to calculate their winning odds while playing poker, they exposed their payment details to the scammers.
Fortunately enough, the security issue was detected at an early stage, but it still managed to rattle poker players all around the world. After the unusual attack on casino-related software, it became clear that gamblers should be more cautious when playing poker online for real money.
Safety Tips for Every Poker Player
If you are wary about linking your casino profile to your bank account after hearing about those types of scams, you should learn how to protect your private information when gambling.
Here are some of the things you can do to make sure you have the safest, most enjoyable gambling session as you play online poker:
- Only play in trusted casinos that use the latest tech to keep your private information as secure as possible.
- Invest in a virus scan and a malware scanner, as each software is designed to detect different threats.
- Make sure that you have different passwords for every website. That way, even if your casino account will be compromised, the scammers won’t be able to access your online bank account, your email, or other important accounts you might have.
- In some cases, you might want to use a VPN when accessing you play poker online, to make it harder for a hacker to obtain your real IP address.
- Fund your casino/poker account with an ewallet. This way no one has access to your bank account details.
Credit card scammers are always looking for a new victim, but you have the power to avoid becoming the next casualty. We hope you have a safe and entertaining gambling experience every time you play!